Selling Diamond Ring in San Diego? See for yourself why our customers think we are Best Place to Sell a Diamond in San Diego!
We have many GIA certified diamond experts that can evaluate your diamonds in minutes.
How to Sell a Diamond in San Diego?
- Bring your diamond engagement ring, loose diamond or diamond jewelry that you are selling to one of our 6 San Diego diamond buyers locations.
- Our experts will evaluate your diamond and provide you with a cash for diamond quote in minutes.
- Get paid for your diamond.
Tips on Selling Diamond in San Diego
If you are looking for the best diamond buyers in San Diego, here are some tips that can help you get more money for your diamond engagement ring, loose diamond or diamond jewelry.
Gather together the following:
- Any purchase receipts you may have for your diamond.
- Any appraisals for the diamond you are selling.
- Any laboratory reports for the diamond you are selling. A lab report is much more important for any diamond buyers than an appraisal.
- For larger diamonds, it may be worth getting your diamond certified by a diamond lab.
- Not all diamond labs are the same. GIA labs are recognized as the premier diamond certification labs in the world and are trusted and respected by all San Diego diamond buyers. EGL labs are also acceptable, however, you need to make sure the certificate is US-EGL as any other EGL certificates are not accepted other than the US by most San Diego diamond buyers. There are also other labs that certify diamonds, while the two mentioned above are more reputable, if you already have a certificate from a laboratory for your diamond, it would help diamond buyers evaluate your diamond easier.
- Any papers including warranties and service records you may have for your diamond.
- Any original boxes that your diamond came with (i.e. Tiffany & Co. diamond jewelry boxes).
- Bring all these items with you if you have them. These items help any San Diego diamond buyers evaluate your diamond quicker. If you don’t have some or any of the above items it is no problem. These items show your diamond’s specifications and its pedigree, however, your San Diego diamond buyer can figure out the specifications if you don’t have anything else.
- Rappaport is a service that determines diamond prices worldwide. There are over 1.2 million diamond on Rappaport (or Rap). Dealers can buy and sell diamonds from each other based on Rap.
- In pricing your diamonds be mindful that professional diamond dealers in San Diego can buy diamonds from other dealers at a discount via Rap. The prices for diamonds are standardized based on their weight, cut, color and clarity. A dealer can look up any diamond on Rap and find out its full retail value and dealer discounts. When selling diamond in San Diego you need to know that retail diamond sellers such as Zales, Robbins Brothers, Kay Jewelers, Jared’s, Daniel’s and other diamond stores in San Diego mark up their prices to cover their costs of retail operation, pay their employees and make profits. The amount you paid for your diamond to a retail establishment does not necessarily determine its value for your San Diego diamond buyer. What you paid can be more than what the diamond is worth, or less, depending on when you purchased the diamond, how much the diamond store marked it up, current trends in Rap pricing and the rarity of your diamond.
- Professional San Diego diamond buyers will check your diamond against Rap prices and give you a standard quote based on how much below Rap prices they buy diamonds (reflecting dealer to dealer discounts provided by Rap and the diamond buyer’s profit margin that he operates on). If you ask too much for your diamond based on what you paid for it, your San Diego diamond dealer can determine how much he can buy the same diamond on Rap and let you know what he is willing to buy it for.
- It is best if you receive quotes from few diamond buyers rather than give them a price. This protects you from asking too low for your diamond if you are not aware of market trends and additionally brings competition to the equation which can only benefit you. When selling a diamond in San Diego, it is always best to shop around a little rather than sell to the first diamond buyer you go to. Specifically be aware of diamond buyers that ask you to provide your number as to what you are asking for your diamond, rather than provide their own quote. This is because if you are not aware of the diamond prices you may ask too low or if you provide a price the diamond buyer can determine where you are at and grind down the price from there. It is always best to go to diamond buyers that provide you their buying price rather than ask you what you want for your diamond. If you have to provide a diamond buyer with the price you are asking for, always ask a very high price, forcing a counter-offer from the diamond buyer and leaving room to bargain.
- Diamonds are natural stones. They have flaws. Rarely there are perfect diamonds occurring naturally, which means most diamonds have some imperfections. Do not be alarmed by your Diamond’s imperfections. Some diamond buyers use these to reduce the value of your diamond, and sometimes these concerns are valid, but for the most part, the diamond’s imperfections are reflected on the Rappaport pricing which classifies diamonds based on their weight, cut, color and clarity.
- Gold & Diamond Buyers of San Diego has six San Diego Diamond Buyers locations to serve you. Chances are we have a location close to you. You can come in anytime during business hours or make an appointment for a free diamond buyer’s quote on your diamond and get paid on the spot. Call us today at (619)777-6265 or click here to contact us. If you have any papers that came with your diamond, boxes, warranty cards and lab reports, make sure you bring them with you with looking for diamond buyers near me. Also, make sure you have your ID with you as California law requires all diamond buyers to purchase diamonds from clients that have a valid State or Federal ID card.
Gold & Diamond Buyers of San Diego has 6 San Diego Diamond Buyers locations in San Diego to serve you. You can:
Sell Diamond in San Diego (Downtown)
Sell Diamond in Chula Vista CA (Downtown Chula Vista on 3rd Ave.)
Sell Diamond in La Mesa CA
Sell Diamond in El Cajon CA
Sell Diamond in Clairemont CA
Sell Diamond in La Jolla CA
If you are looking for the best San Diego diamond buyers, make sure you give us a call at (619)777-6265 or click here to contact us for a free quote on your diamond.